Stuart Rothenberg, MD, FAAFP
Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, ABIHM
on 66-hour course registration
Train to be an Ayurveda Wellness Consultant
20% discount on 66-hour online course
with 2 optional live weekends
Ayurveda Consultant Training offers New Opportunities to Expand your Yoga Profession and Business
- Career Development: Expand your knowledge of Yoga- related wellness care.
- Additional Services: Ayurveda Wellness Consultations provide your Yoga clients with a completely new and supportive health care offering.
- Herbal Product Sales: Ayurveda consultations provide an opportunity to increase revenues by selling Ayurveda herbal preparations you recommend to your clients.
Ayurveda – A Natural Health Care Choice for Yoga Practitioners
Ayurveda is the oldest and most complete system of natural medicine in the world and is a "sister science" of Yoga, both coming from the Vedic tradition of India. Ayurveda forms a perfect complement to a yoga practitioner’s health care program.
The course is based on Maharishi AyurVeda®—a comprehensive modern formulation of this ancient science in accord with the classical texts.
High Level Professional Training to become an
Ayurveda Wellness Consultant
- Professional Faculty: Taught by licensed medical doctors with extensive clinical experience (no medical background is required to take the course)
- Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of the 66 hour program you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Maharishi Ayurveda Association of America.*
- CE Approval: This course meets the requirements for continuing education (CE) approval by Yoga Alliance. The professional nature of this course and its faculty have also allowed portions to be approved for CE in various states for Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Naturopathic Doctors, and Registered Nurses.
- Co-Sponsored by Professional Organizations:
1. The University of Maryland Center for Integrative Medicine
2. Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
3. Atlantic Health System / Atlantic Integrative Medicine
4. Guarneri Integrative Health
* Please note: Not every state may allow you to practice independently as an Ayurvedic Wellness consultant upon finishing this course. We recommend obtaining professional legal advice on this issue in your state before beginning. However, several states, including California, have passed legislation favorable to independent practice by complementary health care practioners.
Where state law does not allow independent practice of wellness consulting by non-licensed practitioners, you may still be able to practice as a wellness educator by affiliating with a licensed practitioner.
- Fully Available Online: The course is divided into 4 Modules and is available online through 66 hours of videos and close to 700 pages of supporting printed material in downloadable PDF format.
- Optional Live weekends: Registration and payment includes access to both the Spring and the Fall live Module weekends at no extra charge. More
- Live Options: 2-3 day live weekend modules are available in San Diego, California; Morristown, NJ; and Baltimore, Maryland – see schedule below
Schedule: Live Modules - 2016
|Spring Module 5
||Fall Module 6
|Guarneri Integrative Health, Pacific Pearl La Jolla
||San Diego, CA
||April 8, 9, 10
|University of Maryland Center for Integrative Medicine
||June 10, 11, 12
||No Fall Venue
|Atlantic Health Services, Morristown, NJ
||No Spring Venue
||Nov. 18, 19, 20
For description of the Spring and Fall live weekend programs click here.
- Start immediately and go at your own pace. Upon registering you are provided a link to the site where you may immediately start watching the videos and studying the printed materials.
- Ayurvedic Pulse Assessment: You will be taught classical Ayurvedic Pulse Assessment to be able determine Ayurvedic state of balance and imbalance in yourself and your clients.
- All Forms needed for Offering Consultations: The course provides a turn-key approach to Ayurveda Wellness Consultations by providing the office and patient education forms needed for an Ayurvedic consultation practice.
- Ongoing Support Webinars: Course participants have online access to a series of support webinars previously given by faculty and are able to participate in new live webinars offered in the series.
What you will learn
- Body Type— how to assess an individual's constitutional type, the basis of their personalized Ayurveda health program
- Prevention—how to identify and eliminate the root imbalances that may contribute to health disorders
- Pulse Reading— traditional Ayurvedic modality for assessing body type and imbalances
- Diet and Nutrition—an individualized approach that addresses nutritional imbalances at the root of health disorders
- Rejuvenative Approaches—natural modalities to enliven the body's innate self-repair and healing mechanisms
- Detoxification—traditional Ayurvedic procedures for clearing toxins from the body that may contribute to chronic health issues
- Stress Reduction—how to apply scientifically validated approaches to stress-reduction and mind-body balance.
- Lifestyle Changes—personalized daily routine and lifestyle recommendations to prevent behavioral mistakes that cause health problems.
- Additional Natural Modalities — including herbal food supplements, aromatherapy, Ayurveda massage, Vedic exercise, Vedic music therapy
- Curriculum— click here for list of all topics covered
Course Fee for Yoga Teachers
Includes the 66 hour online program and additional attendance at no extra charge for both live weekend Modules.– $1,187*
*with 20% discount fee is $950
20% discount on 66-hour course registration
||STUART ROTHENBERG, MD, FAAFP. Dr. Rothenberg is National Director of Health Professional Training of Maharishi AyurVeda Association of America. He was founding medical director of the first Maharishi Ayurveda clinics in the United States and has more than 25 years of experience in leading Ayurveda training courses, having trained over 1500 physicians in the US and abroad.
||NANCY LONSDORF, MD. Dr. Lonsdorf is a specialist in integrative medicine, clinical faculty member at Maharishi University of Management, and former medical director of The Raj Maharishi AyurVeda Health Center. She is an expert in Ayurveda and women's health and is author of The Ageless Woman: Natural Health and Beauty after Forty with Maharishi AyurVeda.